Thursday, August 6, 2026

Shout-Out to my Awesome Wife

 I maintain this blog, my book-review blog and my BookTube channel because I enjoy geeking out about stuff. I don't make any money off them--my numbers aren't high enough to make doing so possible. I do have a "leave a tip" button on this blog, but I don't really expect anyone to give anything.


I am able to do this and do other geeky things (host occasional game nights, give talks at the public library and for civic organizations) primarily because my wife Angela not only tolerates my geekiness, but supports it. Heck, she let me put a velociraptor in our wedding photo:



She used her extraordinary cross-stitch skills to create this, which is now hanging near our front door:



Heck, she once beat me in an argument about the nature of Color Kid's powers:



She knows me well enough to get me to agree to a Book Challenge detailed in this video:



When I got married, I knew my life would change and some of the stuff I did as a bachelor would get left behind. I was happy to do this, because Angela is smart and wonderful and far too good for me and I love her. But it turns out there's some stuff I didn't have to give up. She actually loves me for who I am and lets me be geeky when I want to be. This blog still exists because my wife is awesome, so a shout-out to her on this blog is appropriate and long overdue.


By the way, undeniable and objective proof that I love her does exist. She recently called to me while I was watching an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series. I actually paused an episode of Star Trek to see what she needed!!!! This is essentially the geek version of laying down one's life. 



If that's not True Love, I don't know what is.

1 comment: