Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Problem of Picking a Movie

Just to be able to say that I've done it, I want to record a fan commentary for a movie or a TV episode. But--since this isn't something I'll have the time or desire to do on a regular basis--I'm being very indecisive about which movie/episode to do.

At first, I thought about doing the original King Kong, talking about it as if it were based on a true story and referencing other dinosaur movies (like The Lost World and Valley of Gwangi) as being true stories as well. So I'd be comparing scenes in the movie to what actually happened in "real life." But this really isn't a strong enough joke to run for a 100 minute movie.

I don't have the talent to do a good Mystery Science Theater-style commentary and, besides, I do want to actually comment on the storytelling effectiveness or general coolness of whatever movie I pick.

But which movie? Which one? It's driving me nuts trying to pick one.

Here's my unrehearsed and stream-of-consciousness commentary of one scene from Tarzan and the Slave Girl (1950). Gee whiz, is it really a good idea to make people listen to that voice for 90 minutes? Maybe I should rethink this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...